Scrap Grinder Mod
A simple mod that adds a Scrapping Bench that can be used to scrap misc items into their base components.
Found in the Crafting tab in the workshop.
– Use NMM or extract ScrapGrinder.esp and the Scripts folder to your Data folder
– Activate ScrapGrinder.esp using your preferred method
Updating from previous versions
– A clean save is recommended as the scrapping bench uses a script.
– It’s probably best to scrap and rebuild any workbenches created with previous versions, but resetting them with the console seems to work, too.
The Scrapping bench consists of two parts: The actual workbench and the output chest that sits on top it.
To use the scrapping bench:
– Drop any junk items you want to scrap into its inventory (Press R for the full inventory screen – the default menu won’t work for this)
– Leave the menu and press E while looking at the scrapping bench to activate it.
– Choose an output destination from the menu. (The output chest attached to the workbench or the current workshop container)
– Wait for a couple of seconds (or until the HUD comes back) while the character animation starts out, then back out of it by moving in any direction.
– NOTE: larger amounts of different items can sometimes take a few seconds to scrap.
– You should find the components of the items you scrapped in the output chest.
– Should be compatible with anything changing component amounts for junk items but:
– Only works for default components for now.
– Items without detected components will remain in its inventory for you to take back.
– This mod (like all other mods for this game) is not made and/or supported by Bethesda. Any support requests should be directed at me, not their official forums or support e-mail.
– Since the tools used to create this are unofficial and we have no official tools as a reference yet, this should be considered pre-release or a feature test.
– (In other words: Back Up Your Unmodded Save Files if you care about them.)
Many thanks to Bethesda for a great game, and to the creators of FO4Edit, Caprica and Champollion for the tools used to create this mod.
My other mods:
AmmoTweaks – Crafting and More
Personal Pack Brahmin