Modern Underwear for Males and Females
Him & Her
This is a re-texture of the base vanilla male and female bodies, and replaces those files. It is therefore not compatible with other mods that replace the same files.
From the start I was instantly bothered by the vanilla underwear for the characters. I mean, you don’t need a washing machine to wash your clothes!
Seriously, they could wash themselves more often in general. In fact, there are more than a few elements about the game that bother me. I mean, I’m no expert, but I’m fairly sure that in 200 years some of the vegetation would have regrown and more people would have gotten their act together! So I guess I’m not overly concerned with lore…
In any case, this replaces the underwear with clean, modern designs inspired by Calvin Klein Underwear. Essentially I wanted to provide a cleaner design for males, as they are largely overlooked, but I ultimately couldn’t do one without the other. I was also inspired by Immersive Attire Fix by CE0, and wanted to expand upon that idea, adding optional female designs for the Bruins, Celtics, and Patriots. Sorry, but while these options are sexy for girls, it’s just lame on guys (in my opinion).
So while I started this project almost as soon as I started playing the actual game, it took a long time before I was happy with the result. Though I thought I could do a better job, turns out that is pretty much not the case. But hey, it’s an alternative, and it’s mostly acceptable. The main problem was creating an acceptable normal map, and I have to thank justice123 for the assistance! In the mean time, Glorious Female Nude Mod was released by gabrielpc2, which mostly makes this mod irrelevant for females, unless you particularly want an underwear model. But it’s an excellent piece of work and I suggest checking it out. Anyway, while Skyrim was a learning process for me, for Fallout I wanted to actually contribute to the Nexus Community, so thank you for checking this out.
As a side note, I don’t actually use Nexus Mod Manager, nor do I know how it works. This mod is a simple replacement of files, and is not difficult to install. In any case, I can only describe how to install it manually. I apologise for any inconvenience.
– Inside the “Main” folder are folders for “Male” and “Female”. They are separated so that you have the option of installing one or the other, or both.
– Copy the “Textures” folder from inside the “Male” and “Female” folders to your Fallout 4 “Data” folder, located in your Fallout 4 directory
– Overwrite all files if prompted.
– Ensure you have made the appropriate Fallout4.ini changes to enable mods to work correctly in your game. Information on this topic can be
found under the “Site News” tab on the homepage of the Fallout 4 Nexus.
– Install the main files first from the “Female” folder, as above.
– Decide on one of the options inside the “Optional” folder. You can only have one option installed at once, including the original main option.
– Copy the “Textures” folder from inside the option of your choice (“Bruins”, “Celtics”, or “Patriots”) to your Fallout 4 “Data” folder, located in your
Fallout 4 directory (Steam/steamapps/common/Fallout 4/Data/).
– Overwrite all files when prompted.
Please note that these are edited textures of the vanilla body, and are therefore not compatible with other mods that edit these textures, including
jonwd7 for B.A.E. – Bethesda Archive Extractor (took me a while to realise I needed to update this tool to properly extract normal maps – I was wondering why they were so fucked up!)
justice123 for help on working with normal maps
CE0 for inspiration from Immersive Attire Fix
Cedaie for the Gorgeous Vault-Girl used as a female model in the screenshots
New England Patriots
THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO THE NEXUS. DO NOT RE-UPLOAD.