Legendary Loot Rebalanced Mod

Monkey mods


Legendary Loot Rebalanced Mod


Greetings, fellow Wastelander!

Have you ever wondered why for the sake of Nuke this pesky lvl 50++ Legendary Deathclaw you’ve just killed dropped this useless Lead Pipe or Leather Armor piece?

Have you ever wondered why there are so much melee weapon drops from legendaries in a gun-oriented game? (okie-dokie,I am aware of the fact how OP melee is at highter levels in Vanilla game)

Have you ever wondered why there are so much armor drops when you need the fire power RIGHT NOW?

Then this mod might be for you.

Personally I’ve made it while I was working on my another mod (sneaky-sneaky), answering exactly the same questions.

So, long story short, here what it does in numbers:

Chance to get weapon / armor (Look at the Math section at the bottom of description for clarifications)
Vanilla – 50% / 50%
Modded – 75% / 25%
Modded(Optionla) – 70% / 30%

Chance to get gun / melee
Vanilla – 66% / 33%
Modded – 75% / 25%
Modded(Optional) – 25% / 75%

Loot rules:
First of all remember that level thresholds are determined based on monster level and not the player level.

Vanilla – you could get EVERY weapon/armor with level < monster level. Resulting in weird drops like pipe pistols from lvl 50+ enemies.
Modded – you get level-apropriate loot every time. No more low-level loot from highter level enemies.

Loot pools:

First of all with the new version we are moving to tiering aproach with mixed loot pools. What does it mean? Read below.

Pool levels:
1-9 Low
10-14 LowMid
15-19 Mid
20-24 MidHigh
25-29 High
30-34 HighTop
35+ High

Pool contents:

Low – 100% Tier1
LowMid – 75% Tier1 / 25% Tier2
Mid – 75% Tier2 / 25% Tier1
MidHigh – 75% Tier2 / 25% Tier3
High – 75% Tier3 / 25% Tier2
HighTop – 75% Tier3 / 25% Tier4
High – 75% Tier4 / 25% Tier3

So in a simplier words – a weapon from a tier is available as a drop for 20 levels with first 5 levels and last 5 of availibility with low chance (25%) to drop and high chance (75%) for the middle 10 levels. And with this aproach weapon Tiers will actually overlap in immersive way. So at lower levels you actually got a chance to get a bit highter tier weapon and vise versa. You could get Combat armor (T3) at high levels (with lower chance comparing to Synth armor T4) but not a crappy T1 and T2 anymore.

Armor:
Tier1 – Raider armor
Tier2 – Leather and Metal Armor
Tier3 – Combat Armor
Tier4 – Synth Armor

Weapons:

Melee:
Tier1 – Knuckles, Baton, Boxing Gloves, Lead Pipe, Rolling Pin, Switchblade, Iron Tire, Walking Cane
Tier2 – PipeWrench, Board, Combat Knife, Machete, Pool Cue
Tier3 – Baseball Bat, Chinese Officer Sword, Revolutionary Sword, Sledgehammer
Tier4 – Super Sledge, Powerfist, Ripper, Shishkebab, Deathclaw Gauntlet

Guns:
Tier1 – Laser Musket, Pipe Gun, 10mm, Pipe Revolver, Bolt Action Pipe Gun
Tier2 – Hunting Rifle, Laser Gun, SMG, Double Barrel Shotgun
Tier3 – Combat Shotgun, Flamer, Minigun, Missile Launcher, Combat Rifle, .44, Railway Rifle
Tier4 – Assault Rifle, Plasma Gun, Gamma Gun, Gatling Laser, Gauss Rifle, Fatman

Compatibility:

For now it should be compatible to any mod on FO4Nexus. (Obviously I’m a player myself, running custom setup of ~100+ mods, so I monitor new files on a daily basis and there was no mod on nexus yet touching same records)

More or less it will be incompatible with any mod that will alter same records:

001CCDA8
001CCDA9
001CCDAA
001CCDAD
001CCDAE

This records are untouched, but I completelly get rid of them, so if another mod will use them to provide its changes – they will conflict:
0022B635
0022B636
0023B888
0023B889

Atleast without a merged/bashed patch.

FYI made with latest build of FO4Edit.

If you are happy with the changes this mod makes and enjoying the expirience with it overall – don’t forget to get back and endorse. Its not about my ego or something, its about providing the mod to wider public.
Sad story, but the majority of users will not read comments and descriptions to determine if they need casino the mod or not … they will just download most endorsed ones and move on to the next category. Personally, I got some jewels in my mod collection with awesome changes and low downloads. You know why? Endorsements.

Technical stuff and math:

1. Guns vs Armor Percentages:
Lets count how many Legendary effects we have for each item type.

Armor – 24
vs
Weapon – 40

Now for armors we know that there are 5 parts in each set (RArm,LArm,RLeg,LLeg,Torso) resulting in 5×24 = 120 of this exact armor rolls.
With wider loot pulls if we look at “Top” pool we will need 120 / 0.75 = 160 total armor rolls to get the full set of endgame armor with preffered effect. (still RNG could be a bitch, but I don’t want to abduct you with big math and numbers including theory of chances included calculations)

And for weapons at “Top” pool if we want something specific from Tier4 we need to get 6 x 40 = 240 of Tier4 rolls. Which converts to 240 / 0.75 = 320 total weapon rolls.

So as we can see 160 / 320 = 0.5 or in other words to even the chances out we need to set weapon chance to be 2 times highter comparing to armor chance. Which is 66% weapon vs 33% armor.

BUT we didn’t count the chance to get melee weapon (with main version). According to the fact that melee weapons drops 25% of all weapon rolls we will actually need 320 / 0.75 ~= 426 total weapon rolls. This is actually 160 / 426 = 0.375, it is 73% / 27% which is a mess to do with the fact how percents are determined in FO4 engine. So the closest would be 75% / 25% which is 0.33(3) ratio.

According to Melee Optional Tier4 Melee got 5 weapons so we will need 5 x 40 = 200 rolls of this Tier or 200 / 0.75 ~= 266 total rolls of Top pool. And 266 / 0.75 ~= 354 Weapon rolls in total.
So the ratio between Weapon and Armor rolls should be 160 / 354 = 0.45, it is 69% / 31% which is again a mess and the closest true percentage should be 70% / 30%.

TL; DR; New version of “normal” main file would be 25 / 75 melee vs gun chance and 25 / 75 armor vs weapon chance. As for Melee Optional it would be 75 / 25 melee vs gun chance and 30 / 70 armor vs weapon chance.


Credits
Valma

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

What is this mod use for

Here you have a great opportunity to download a Gameplay Effects and Changes mod to upgrade your game. All you need to do is download and add it to your play. If you are interested in getting more mods, take a look at other categories of our site. We offer many various mods for everyone needs. Don't miss the chance to get more skills and become even more successful player. Try it right now!



Download



You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *